By working with community leaders we gain a better understanding of short and long-term social and economic impacts at all levels.
While the issues and opportunities have changed, OSCA has remained committed to a collaborative approach to identify, prioritize and manage the socio-economic impacts of oil sands development. Harnessing collective energy leads to better representation, use of resources and informed choices regarding community well-being.
OSCA works to create solutions to help build thriving communities and create shared value with our neighbours, including the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB), Lac La Biche and the Municipal District of Opportunity.
Maintain the social license to operate in surrounding communities while recognizing the responsibility to help promote sustainable development of Alberta’s oil sands.
- Define and report on community sustainable indicators
- Analyze data to inform community and infrastructure planning
Priority Working Areas
- Healthy Society
- Responsible Corporate Citizens
- Capital Planning and Budgeting
- Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Lac La Biche County
- MD Opportunity 17
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
- Fort McMurray Public School District
- Fort McMurray Catholic School District
- Keyano College
- Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce
- Community Futures Wood Buffalo
- Fort McMurray Real Estate Board
- MacDonald Island Park
- Wood Buffalo Housing & Development Corp.
- Portage College
- Lac La Biche & District Chamber of Commerce
- Bold Center