Across the region, Indigenous workers are making significant contributions to the oil sands industry including roles in leadership, production, construction and support services. Indigenous-owned businesses have become an integral part of the industry. OSCA partners with Indigenous communities to ensure shared benefits of the oil sands industry, including economic growth, employment and training opportunities. Through enhanced relationships with Indigenous communities we will improve awareness of priorities and concerns, and collaboratively develop mutually beneficial solutions.
Through meaningful engagement with Indigenous communities and partners, collaboratively identify and advance key opportunities that achieve shared success between Indigenous communities and the oil sands industry.
OSCA will work with indigenous communities to:
- Share relevant industry information
- Strengthen economic involvement
- Enhance environmental participation
- Seek opportunities to improve education and employment outcomes
- Athabasca Tribal Council
- NAABA (Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association)
- ROABA (Region One Aboriginal Business Association)
- Government of Alberta